Uganda Technology And Management University (UTAMU) is a private University in Uganda founded in 2012 and licensed by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) to do teaching, research and community engagement. UTAMU offers experiential and outstanding learning and teaching for 21st Century students through an enriched learning experience that blends face to face and virtual learning.
The university combines management and technology in all its programmes and has highly qualified and experienced faculty in these two broad disciplines. The aim of offering management and technology modules in all our programmes is to equip all our graduates with skills required for 21st century workers namely; critical thinking and problem solving, communication, collaboration, and creativity and innovation.
Its vision is a global center of excellence in management, administration, science, and technology education while its mission is to be a leader in providing quality Education, Research and Innovation critical to socio-economic and human development.
Its values include:
- Professionalism – making sure that staff and students conduct themselves with the highest ethical standards and taking responsibility of all their actions;
- Creativity – committing to stimulating the culture of scientific and technological advancement, innovation and practical enrichment to our stakeholders through a rich and flexible educational experience;
- Integrity – adhering to ethical and moral principles in all the educational, research and innovation processes;
- Transparency – seeking to provide accountability and value for money to UTAMU’s stakeholders;
- Empowerment – offering unsurpassed practical opportunities to UTAMU’s stakeholders through industry oriented collaborations, research engagements and incubation clusters in order to transform the educational environment; and
- Community Engagement – working with the community to solve the real world problems as a focal point towards economic development.
Currently, UTAMU offers 42 academic programmes under three schools namely; School of Computing and Engineering, School of Business and Management and School of Professional Skills and Vocational Education. The school of Business and Management has 23 accredited academic programmes (13 undergraduate degree programmes, 6 postgraduate diploma programmes and 4 master’s programmes). The School of Computing and Engineering has 14 accredited academic programmes (8 undergraduate degree programmes, 3 postgraduate diploma programmes and 3 master’s programmes) and the School of Professional and Vocational Education has 4 accredited undergraduate diploma programmes and a Foundation Certificate programme. At present, UTAMU has a student population of 1000 students distributed under the different programmes.
In addition to its own programmes, UTAMU has programmes it offers jointly with other education institutions within and outside the country namely; PhD programme in Management and Computing disciplines with Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST), Uganda and ordinary diplomas, degrees and Masters programmes with Amity University, India.
Furthermore, UTAMU hosts an Annual International Conference on Technology and Management (ICTM) and the International Journal of Technology and
Visited 138 times, 1 Visit today